Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:22 Working

This entire family plans its schedule around Daddy's work schedule. Since I am staying home right now and neither of my kids are in school, everything revolves around when Daddy is off work or when Daddy gets home. This will all change. My oldest will enter kindergarten this fall and when my daughter is old enough to either start kindergarten (fall 2015) or even sooner if she goes into a full time preschool program, I will go back to work and life will change even more dramatically. I can't really comprehend how all that will work. So for now, I intend to enjoy this last spring semester before my son starts Kindergarten because then his school schedule will probably even dictate when Daddy can take his vacation. It will become the dictating schedule.

I mention that Mommy once had a job to my son and he said, "Mommy, you can't ever get a job. You need to take care of us." So for now this family is my work and my joy. But when I think of the word working, I am thinking ahead to a time when I must re-enter the work force. As with most things, when the time comes, I will probably do it slowly and re-enter a day or two at a time and the family will adjust to the new routine. As for now, I am thankful everyday that my work is my family.

On a side note - my in-laws came up for Christmas and are staying with us for a few days. My husband and I will be married 9 years on the 28th and we are leaving for a two day kid-free local get-away! I am so excited. Since we have no family nearby to watch our kiddos this will be an awesome treat. Merry Christmas and a Happy New 2012 to all!

1 comment:

  1. My oldest is in first grade, and I never realized what a change it would be for all of us to adjust to the school calendar for just about everything! I waver back and forth between longing for fall 2012 to hurry up (when my youngest starts kindy), and hoping it doesn't get here for a while because it will be another huge change. Working the whole time is sometimes easier, sometimes not. I hope your adjustment (when it comes) to the working world goes well and works for your whole family (and I'm sure it will)!

    ReplyDelete