Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:19 Folding

In honor of this week's topic, I decided to see how letting the kids help fold clothes would work out. It started well but in the end I think I would prefer just to fold them myself while they play around me.

My five year old son can fold washcloths and hand towels but he prefers to fold them his way. He quickly assured me that he could fold all the clothes and I could put them away.


My daughter was very good at picking out clothes and handing them to me but she also wanted to do more.


They both took the job so seriously and kept at it until they proudly announced they were finished. I took their stacks of clothes into the correct bedroom and quickly re-folded them as I put them away. I try to involve the kids in lots of my chores around the house but folding clothes didn't work out for me. Do your kids help you fold laundry?





1 comment:

  1. I let them take the clothes to their homes, but they usually wind up crammed in and unfolded, so if anyone ever looks in my kitchen towel drawer, I promise that they're clean. ;) No folding help here.

    ReplyDelete