Thursday, November 24, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:17 Leading

The dictionary defines "leading" as directing or guiding. I was thinking about how much of the "leading" we do is just by living our life. I am always telling my son that how he handles himself is how his sister will learn how to handle the situation. It starts with the adults around our children. I am amazed at how much my son picks up on my feelings and notices my reactions to things around me. As we approach the Christmas holidays, I am reminded that I need to set the example of how to handle the season. I can lead my son toward consumerism or the real joy in the season of giving and helping others. I am looking for new ways for us to serve others this season instead of looking to see how much we can collect under the Christmas tree. Do you have unique ways to lead your family toward doing more instead of wanting more this time of year?

Side note: The last few posts have been short due to the fact I am overwhelmed by getting us ready for the big move. My next post will be on the other side of the move. Yeah, I can't wait to get us settled in our new home. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

1 comment:

  1. After our last move I said I'd never do it again. Best wishes for a successful (and nothing broken) move, and peace in the land once you're settled! I wish I could put together a cohesive thought about ways to lead the family toward thankfulness vs. greed, but right now, I'm fighting with strings of burned out lights and annoying holiday decorations that are taking over my house!

    ReplyDelete