Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mommy's Project 52:45 Thankful

Being thankful is something that I work on all the time.  I keep a journal and write five things about the day I am thankful for from the day.  It works except that I stop doing it after a week or so.  I am prone to my own negative thoughts.  I am a worrier and most of the things I worry about don't happen.  But it seems to be part of my personality.  It is something which I try to minimize so when I feel myself slipping into negative thoughts I try to get myself back on track being mindful of all the good things in my life.  If I don't notice my attitude slipping, my husband does and reminds me that I need to make an attitude adjustment.  Some people seem to always look on the sunny side and while I don't, I try to fake it until I make it happen.  Positive thankful people are healthier and happier.  I am trying my best to be the most thankful person I can be.

My Thankful List for Today:

1. A husband who loves me even when I am not so thankful.
2. Coming home from running errands and seeing the lawn all moved and trimmed.
3. Breakfast picnic with my kids at the state park this morning.
4. Walking into the cool air-conditioned house after playing at the park.
5. A speedy interent connection.






No comments:

Post a Comment