Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mommy's Project 52:30 Spiritual

I find myself uncomfortable with the term "spiritual" and how to define it. I looked at the dictionary definitions and they seem somewhat incomplete to me. We are in the process of finding a new church home. I find myself examining our beliefs and preferences when it comes to how we approach prayer, worship, and traditions. I know that our daily life lived and witnessed by others really demonstrates the kind of "spiritual" person we are and the one we claim to be by showing up for church on Sundays.

Below is a personal list of things that I think contribute to my spiritual life. And I think the more I keep to this list rather than let the negative thoughts and words creep in, the more balanced and the closer I feel to living a spiritual life.

Sunday morning church
Sunday school
meal-time prayers
bedtime prayers
counting my blessings
being thankful
singing
listening to my child's prayers
quiet time
balance
being grateful
connecting with others
reading
MOPS group
exercise
listening to music
random acts of kindness
talking and praying to God


No comments:

Post a Comment